Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day Two in Costa Rica: Jacob's Thoughts...




Bookmark and Share


Today I woke up, got dressed, went outside to another cloudy and rainy morning, but man it’s beautiful. I went down by the river right by the hotel. I ended up chilling down there for about an hour, listening and singing to my I-pod and watching the rain come down. After that, the whole group went to breakfast, which was muy bien!

Then we took off to go visit with a tribe indigenous to Costa Rica, called the Maleku tribe. This group has about 600 people in it and they have been trying and working very hard to sustain their culture. They live entirely off the land and make masks and various items such as cups out of a vegetable called a gourd. The tribe has absolutely the nicest people I’ve ever met before. Then, after we met and they talked about their culture, we went not far away to their school. Right by their school, we planted trees and we also painted the school. We met and donated to the students of the school; it was a really great experience. So far I personally LOVE Costa Rica. Even though it’s only been a couple days, it’s a magical place.
Peace,
Jacob Lichtenberger

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Sounds wonderful! I can just see you enjoying nature and finding the magic!
Love, Mom